Keep it civil aka don’t be a jerk
In order for discussions to thrive here, we need to remember to criticize ideas, not people. Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, misogynist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed. Comments or discussions written intentionally to provoke will also be removed.
So, remember to avoid:
- ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- knee-jerk contradiction
Comments that we find to be hateful, inflammatory, or harassing may be removed. If you don’t have something nice to say about another user, don’t say it. Treat others the way you’d like to be treated.
Keep your language and content PG-13 and SFW.
Always strive to add value to every interaction and discussion you participate in.
There are a lot of discussions that happen every day in this group. Before joining in a discussion, browse through some of the most recent and active discussions happening in the community, especially if you’re new there.
If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
Keep it tidy
Help make moderators’ lives easier by taking a moment to ensure that what you’re about to post is in the right place. That means:
- don’t post off-topic comments or discussions: check the Explore page to find the appropriate channel for your topic.
- check if another active discussion on your topic has already been posted
- Be sure your topic matches the general theme of the channel. For example, all discussions on #theprocess should pertain to the creative process and how you use your tools. Not sure if you’re posting to the right channel? Check the channel’s Purpose section, or recently-added discussions to get an idea of what subjects are appropriate.
- Avoid self-promotion. A discussion or comment that contains only a link to your blog, a product, or your article on another site will almost always be removed.
If you see something, say something
The Blackwing Team will be at the forefront of combatting spam, mediating disputes and enforcing community guidelines, but we won’t catch everything. If you see an issue, contact a member of the Blackwing Team.
If a member of the Blackwing Team feels you have violated any of these rules or that you are behaving in a way that is detrimental to the group, your account may be removed at any time, without notice.
By participating in this group, you agree to hold the Blackwing harmless from any and all claims, loss or damage to personal property, liabilities and costs, including attorney’s fees, as a result of my participation in this group.